Mold is not something to mess around with. At the first first sign of mold within your home, you need to contact Mold Remediation of Orlando. That being said, before you can learn from our team exactly how to remove toxic mold, you must first know whether or not it is there. Before anything else, you must know what the signs and symptoms of mold toxicity are.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Mold
- Indoor Mold Types
- The Warning Signs of Mold Toxicity
- Contact Mold Remediation of Orlando
Outside, mold growth is an important part of the ecosystem because mold helps to break down plant and animal matter. It is only when mold grows inside that it can become problematic. It can cause serious reactions in some people.
Indoor Mold Types
The most common indoor molds are:
- Cladosporium. This mold is brown, green, or black and found on wood, carpets, or fabrics, and in heating and cooling ducts.
- Penicillium. This mold is blue, green, or yellow and always fuzzy. It’s often found under carpets or anywhere else after there’s been water damage.
- Aspergillus. Aspergillus is green, white, or gray with dark spots. It has a powdery look. This type of mold thrives in fabrics, walls, attics, and basements, as well as on dry food items.
- Stachybotrys chartarum. Also called black mold, this greenish-black mold is toxic. This mold growth in your home is a serious problem.
The Warning Signs of Mold Toxicity
Mold looks nasty, but the true reason you want toxic mold gone is not a simple cosmetic issue. Mold can make you and your family extremely sick. Touching or inhaling mold spores can cause symptoms like:
- eye irritation
- runny nose and congestion
- coughing or wheezing
- sore throat
- skin rash
- lung irritation
On some occasions, mold can cause more serious health issues in people with certain risk factors, like Asthma or a compromised immune system. Shortness of breath and chest tightness are only the beginning of more serious complications associated with mold toxicity.
Contact Mold Remediation of Orlando
Anytime you suspect or know you have mold in your Orlando house, it’s a problem. Some mold makes you sneeze, and some has the potential to make you very, very sick. Herein lies the true problem- you can’t always tell the difference between types of mold without testing. For this reason, all molds should be treated the same with concern.
That’s where our team of trained experts come in! We know exactly how to remove toxic mold in a way that keeps you and your family safe, and the structural integrity of your home intact. For additional questions or concerns, reach out to us right away.